AusBiotech-GSK Student Excellence Awards Applications NOW CLOSED
For information regarding the AusBiotech 2011-GSK Student Excellence Awards,
please click here
Natasha Rogers, the SA State winner and National winner 2010 was awarded her PhD in February 2011, four days after giving birth to her second child. She explains that “I have subsequently moved with my family to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania to undertake postdoctoral research on a CJ Martin fellowship from the NHMRC. I am broadening my skills base in two new laboratories, in transplantation immunology and vascular biology, and hope to bring these techniques and collaborations back with me to Australia. I am very grateful to AusBiotech and GSK as the award enabled me to attend the American Transplant Congress (arguably the best international transplantation conference) in Philadelphia, to present my work to an international audience and receive valuable feedback.” In fact, Natasha was awarded a ‘poster of distinction’ at the conference.
AusBiotech-GSK Student Volunteer Program Applications NOW CLOSED
The AusBiotech-GSK Student Volunteer Program at AusBiotech's 2011 conference, facilitates the active engagement of selected students with conference delegates. The participating students have the opportunity to improve their communication and networking skills and experience by working behind the scenes of a major industry event. The program, proudly supported by GSK, aims to give students a competitive edge in the race for employment in the biotechnology industry.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Free registration (includes catering) to AusBiotech 2011 (16-19 Oct 2011 in Adelaide) with some designated free time to explore the conference as a delegate,
- A ticket to the conference dinner (black tie event) on Tuesday 18 Oct 2011,
- A training and team building workshop to improve your networking and other broad skills so that you may make the best use of your opportunities,
- Opportunity to network and engage with key industry workers,
- Special AusBiotech-GSK Student Volunteer T-shirt.
Eligibility and participation:
(a) Applicants must be current AusBiotech student members,
(b) Must be available for the entire four-day event (16-19 Oct 2011),
(c) Interstate students must arrange their own travel and accomodation.
How to apply:
- Register your interest using the application form. You will be emailed an open WORD version of the application. Your registration and application must be submitted electronically by close of business 26 September 2011.
- Your application must be typed, hand written applications will not be accepted. Please send one copy of your application to: Misha Prusa email@example.com
Use the following naming convention (plus use upper and lower case and NOT all uppercase)
- You will receive a return acknowledgement email within two weeks. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within two weeks of lodgement, please contact AusBiotech via email to ensure your application has been received.
AusBiotech-GSK Student Volunteers Program application form, please click here